As many of you know, Bob McKean, our current Managing Director is retiring after many years of exemplary service. The Board of Directors is looking for an experienced leader with strong management skills to build upon our past success. This is a high visibility position reporting to the Board of Directors. If you, or anyone you know, might be interested in the position, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
The Managing Director is responsible for overseeing the entire operation of Stanley Park. These include, but are not limited to, administration, programs, strategic planning, fundraising, marketing and community outreach local and beyond.
Responsible for leading Stanley Park staff in a manner that supports and guides Stanley Park’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
Responsible for communicating with the Board of Directors and providing, in a timely manner, the information to the Board to function properly and to assist and make informed decisions within the scope of assigned responsibility.
Responsible for the financial integrity of Stanley Park:
- Submission of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements that accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Fiscal management for the operation that anticipates operating within the approved budget that ensures maximum resource utilization and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support the Park’s mission.
Organization Mission and Strategy
- Implementation of programs that carry out the Park’s mission.
- Strategic planning to assist in fulfillment of its Mission into the future.
- Assist in the enhancement of Stanley Park’s image. Partake and be active and visible in the community and work closely with other professional and private organizations within the community.
- Effective administration and supervision of all Park operation.
- Responsible for the hiring and retention of competent and qualified staff.
- Oversee employees and be available for individual questions, concerns and needs.
- Enforce compliance with job descriptions and make adjustments when needed.
- Promote volunteerism whenever needed throughout the year.
- Oversee Development – outreach and publicity (news articles, website, events, maintain calendars and status of volunteers, etc.)
- Responsible for the signing of all “Authorized” notes, agreements, and other instruments made and entered into on behalf of the Park (no check signing authorized).
- Continue to follow procedures to establish employment and administrative policies and procedures for all functions for the day-to-day operation of the Park.
Responsible for other additional duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
- US work authorization (Required).
- Bachelor’s degree (Preferred).
- A minimum of ten years of experience in this field or in a similar position in a responsible supervisory or leadership capacity (Preferred).
- Prior experience in horticulture or public gardening (Preferred).