This year, due to the COVID-19 health emergency and limitations on the size of gatherings, we will be holding a VIRTUAL Wheel Walk. We invite all to join us and help bring awareness to accessibility by participating in the walk, at your own pace, your choice of location and at a time that works for you!
What is the Wheel Walk?
- For the past 11 years Stanley Park has held a Wheel Walk to bring awareness and to benefit accessibility throughout the Park.
- The Wheel Walk has raised funds for the accessible walkway through the Asian garden to the Duck Pond, and the boardwalk around the Pond. We are excited to announce playground upgrades of two accessible swings and a ten-spin being installed this year!
- We traditionally gather for the Wheel Walk and walk (or wheel) a 1-mile route through the accessible areas of the Park, including down around the Duck Pond.
How will this work?
- We are encouraging our walkers to do their 1-mile walk during the week of June 20th – June 28th, but you can do it anytime!
- We will be posting a map of the original walk route in the Facebook event & on our website. This walk is to help you get out and get moving! You can choose to come to the Park, at a time that is best for you & walk the route; or you can walk (or wheel!) 1-mile in support down your street, around your neighborhood or even your yard!
- During your walk, whatever the location, we ask that you follow all social distancing rules, especially if you are walking within Stanley Park.
- On June 19th we will post a beautiful video walkthrough of the Wheel Walk route to the Facebook event.
- Stay tuned to the event as we will continue to post throughout the week.
- Take a picture of yourself while you are participating in the Virtual Wheel Walk and post it in the Facebook event!
The Wheel Walk benefits accessibility projects in Stanley Park. There is usually a registration fee associated with this event. Because we understand that this a difficult time for many, we will not be charging a registration fee, but are asking for donations toward accessibility in the Park.
To donate go to the “Support” link above, choose “donate today” and be sure to enter “Wheel Walk” in the notes.
To send your donation via mail, print out this form and mail it to: Stanley Park, Development Office, 400 Western Ave, PO Box 1191, Westfield, MA 01085.
All Wheel Walk gifts will be earmarked for accessibility in Stanley Park. If you have any questions, please call the Development Office at 413-568-9312 x108 or x112.
Thank you very much for your support!!!