This year, due to the COVID-19 health emergency and limitations on the size of gatherings, we will not be holding the traditional Run Stanley, but we will be holding a VIRTUAL Run Stanley. We are sad we cannot have the Run Stanley in person, as it’s always a festive occasion, but we are so glad to see old & new faces on the trails of the Sanctuary. We invite everyone to join us and help bring awareness to Stanley Park’s Frank Stanley Beveridge Wildlife Sanctuary by participating in a 5k run or walk, or taking a stroll of any distance, at your own pace, your choice of location and at a time that works for you!
What is Run Stanley?
- Run Stanley started in 2012 with Fun For All!!! We have held Run Stanley to bring awareness and to benefit the Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Run Stanley has raised funds to replace 2 bridges in the Sanctuary, one that washed away and another that was damaged; for new trail markers on the Sanctuary trails making it safer for people to enjoy the Sanctuary; and for regular maintenance to ensure trails are safe and clear for our patrons.
- We traditionally gather for Run Stanley in a family-friendly event that starts with the ¾ mile Munchkin Run around the Athletic Fields, and culminates in the 5k run or walk through the Wildlife Sanctuary with or without your furry dog friends. In the last couple of years we have also added the Stanley Stroll, a 1-mile stroll through the upper parts of the Park.
How will this work?
- We are encouraging our Run Stanley Virtual participants to do their run or walk during the month of September, to enjoy the Sanctuary as the weather cools & the trees start to turn color.
- The Virtual Run Stanley is to help you get out and get moving! You can choose to come to the Park, at a time that is best for you & run/walk one of the Run Stanley routes; or you can run/walk your 5k in support of the Sanctuary down your street or around your neighborhood.
- During your run/walk, whatever the location, we ask that you follow all social distancing rules, especially if you are running/walking within Stanley Park.
- Stay tuned to the Stanley Park & Run Stanley Facebook pages as we post throughout the month.
- Take a picture of yourself while you are participating in your Virtual Run Stanley and post it on the Run Stanley Facebook page, OR post your favorite picture from a past Run Stanley.
Run Stanley benefits the Frank Beveridge Stanley Wildlife Sanctuary in Stanley Park. There is usually a registration fee associated with this event. Because we understand that this a difficult time for many, we will not be charging a registration fee, but are asking for donations to support the Sanctuary.
To donate click the “Support” button above, choose “donate today” and be sure to enter “Sanctuary” or “Run Stanley” in the notes.
To send your donation via mail, print out the donation form and mail it to: Stanley Park, Development Office, 400 Western Ave, PO Box 1191, Westfield, MA 01085.
All Run Stanley gifts will be earmarked for the Sanctuary.
Thank you very much for your support!!!